Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Now I'm One of Those "Bloggers" I Hear so Much About

So I'm finally getting around to blogging.  It only took me about 3 years to go from the "I should do this" phase to execution, which is in keeping with a lot of what I do.  As those of you who know me will assume, most of this blog will be devoted to my witty, insightful commentary on American politics, but I'll also be ranting about sports, movies, and anything that pops into my head that I feel like mentioning. 


Now if you don't know me so well yet, allow me to give a brief overview of who I am.  First I'm a passionate Roman Catholic who will defend my faith with every ounce of strength I have.  I'm a strongly conservative politico who puts fiscal issues above all others.  When people and businesses have minimal taxation and minimal regulation to burden them then opportunity and prosperity are maximized for the highest number of people. I champion the value of the private sector from within the public sector as a legislative aide for the Ohio House of Representatives. I will note that any and all postings here reflect only my own views and thoughts, and should not be applied to any other person or persons.  I love sports, particularly football and golf.  I'll frequently make fun of my favorite teams/schools (namely the Buffalo Bills and Notre Dame Fighting Irish), but I'll also never stop being a fan of either.  I tend to believe that good music died somewhere between 1985 and 1990, thus you'll find my music library overflowing with late 60s and 70s rock.  Similarly I love a classic old movie, something with a Humphrey Bogart or a Hepburn (Katherine or Audrey), though good movies aren't as dead as good music in modern times. I use a lot of quotes, from people or books or movies/music/TV, in the course of a day.  I've always thought that there's no reason to try and come up with a new way to say something when someone else has already said it well.  I love comedy, particularly the absurd or exaggerated.  I enjoy listening to others much more than talking, which makes some think I'm stuck-up.  I'm not, I'd just rather keep my mouth shut and have someone think me a fool than open it and remove all doubt. I enjoy making fun of people (almost always in a good-natured way), most of all myself.  I fancy myself a classic romantic still in search of that special someone. 

Well that "brief" overview wasn't as brief as I thought it would be, but if you're still reading I must have done something right. All in all a pretty dull first post, but fret not for I shall have plenty of more interesting things to say in the future.

To quote the legendary Bishop Fulton Sheen: Bye now, and God love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's risky to endorse content before it actually materializes, but I'd just like to mention to anyone who may be reading this to expect absolute gold here over the next weeks/months. As a blogger myself (whose blog can be found here, ad-free and recently updated!: http://www.fystori.blogspot.com/), I can say that it can be a chore providing content week after week that people may be willing to read or even skim, but Alex I know will have no problem keeping his readers entertained and informed. And that link again in case you've scrolled down too far and your "up" button doesn't work is http://www.fystori.blogspot.com/ . And be sure to leave comments!

    ReplyDelete